NNLM All of Us Community Engagement- Association of Bookmobile and Outreach Services (ABOS) Conference Professional Development Award
Please fill out the NNLM Health Outreach ABOS Award Application Here
The Network of the National Library of Medicine (NNLM) is pleased to provide this award to support attendance to the 2020 ABOS Virtual Conference. Current or incoming library professionals who are interested in conducting outreach in libraries focused on digital literacy, digital health literacy, health literacy and/or citizen science, are welcome to apply.
Winners will receive free virtual conference registration, a free 1 year membership to ABOS, and $300 for travel and accomodations for the 2021 ABOS Conference in St. Louis, Missouri (this money is non-transferable to another individual).
The NNLM Health Outreach Award aims to provide support for early and mid-career library staff from diverse backgrounds and limited resource settings with the opportunity to attend 2020 ABOS Virtual Conference. Applicants must have a strong desire to help improve their community’s access to quality health information. Individuals chosen for this award will:
1. Participate in the NNLM Consumer Health Community of Practice (NNLM CP)
The NNLM CP is designed to share consumer health resources, connect with other consumer health professionals, and engage in important and interesting conversations around consumer health. To share with others your experience at ABOS, we ask that write 3 posts to the NNLM CP, addressing:
- · What you learned at the NNLM session at ABOS
- · Describe a library kit and programming ideas for the kit
- · Share the health information needs in your community
2. Facilitate their library joining the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Network (NNLM CEN) and host an event using a programming kit.
The NNLM and the NIH’s All of Us Research Program (All of Us) have teamed up to build the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Network (CEN). The CEN will focus on NNLM’s mission to improve the public’s access to health information and provide awareness of All of Us to communities that are Underrepresented in Biomedical Research by partnering with libraries across the United States. The CEN is designed to leverage the mission of the NNLM to help libraries in supporting the health information needs of their users. We ask that you:
· Join Us – facilitate your library in joining the CEN
· Work with Us – host an event using one of our programming kits.Please fill out the NNLM Health Outreach ABOS Award Application Here